Friday, March 9, 2012

4 Reasons to Cloth Diaper You Probably Haven't Thought Of


1. It helps you get your other laundry done

Since I know that I have to free up the washer for diapers every day, that means I have to make sure my other laundry gets done and out of the way. Did you know that it's easier to do one load of laundry a day than it is to do 4 loads every 4 days (or 7 loads every 7...)?? True story. 

2. It can teach your child colors, classifying, and counting

My son is able to practice his colors by asking for the color he wants next. He also helps me organize the diapers. I ask him, "How many grey diapers are in this pile?" and he counts them. I also sometimes catch him counting the snaps on the front of his diaper. 

3. It can be relaxing

Maybe I'm weird, but I find it relaxing to put on some classical music, sit on the floor or couch, and stuff and organize diapers. It's a mindless chore that allows me some time to think about whatever I want to think about. 

4. It enables self-expression

My son LOVES to choose what diaper he wants to wear next. "I wanna wear the star one! Wait... no... the bwoo one. Da bwoo one." It's not just a water-proof pant to catch urine, it's a fashion statement. 

What about you? Can you think of any other "perks" to cloth diapering (aside from the usual financial and environmental reasons)?


No comments:

Post a Comment